During COVID-19 pandemic, Basko Dermatology offers Telemedicine appointments to all patients with non-urgent skin conditions that can be evaluated and treated remotely. This is also the required option for patients experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath.
Getting started and what I need to know about Telemedicine appointments:
The Telemedicine appointment is a video conference between you and the Basko Dermatology Providers:
- It is safe, secure and HIPAA compliant. The video conferencing platform complies with the security and privacy requirements of the healthcare industry.
- Patient health information (PHI) is not stored, as a result this data cannot be stolen.
- There is no need to create accounts, download apps or software. Once we confirm your appointment, you will receive a link from us and you are one click away from initiating your virtual appointment. You can access the link from your mobile device, computer, or laptop (your personal device needs to have a camera and microphone).
- The virtual encountered will be submitted to your health insurance plan. Please note that these virtual visits are being performed through Telemedicine during the COVID-19 Health Crisis during a state of National Emergency. By proceeding with your visit, you have been made aware that we will bill your insurance for this visit following Medicare or your Private Health Insurance’s guidelines, but please be aware you may be responsible for some or all of the visit charges if your insurance deems this "non-covered."
How do I schedule a Telemedicine appointment?
- Booking your Telemedicine appointment is very simple:
Call 1-630-596-8045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (with the Subject Line “Telemedicine Appointment”) to schedule your Telemedicine appointment. You need to provide an email address and a mobile phone number to receive the access link of your virtual appointment.
- During the confirmation of your virtual appointment:
Our staff will ask you for your insurance information and other important information to share with your Provider prior to your Telemedicine appointment. You will also receive documentation on how to troubleshoot if any issues arise.
- At the time of your virtual appointment:
At your scheduled appointment time, simply click on the link provided to you to be taken to the Basko Dermatology virtual room. Make sure to enter your first and last name as well as your date of birth when you encounter the welcome screen (on the field that reads “Enter your name here”; it is ok to include your full name and DOB on the same line), as this will help your Provider to identify you. Your provider will be alerted that you are ready for the appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Dermatology Visits:
Is my insurance accepted for my online dermatology visit?
Please refer here for a list of the Insurances that our Practice is in-network with. We offer Telemedicine to all patients. If you have Medicare, we will schedule a virtual video visit as if you were coming in to see us in-person (billed through Medicare). If you have private insurance and we are in-network with your plan, we will submit to your insurance, but please be aware you may be responsible for some or all of the visit charges if your insurance deems this "non-covered." If we are not in-network with your insurance, you can be seen as a self-pay patient. In some cases, the self-pay fee can be paid for with your Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), or Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
What information will I need to provide prior to my online appointment?
An online visit will ask for much of the same information needed for an in-office visit. Established patients will not need to fill out any forms. New patients are encouraged to login to the patient portal (link will be provided via email) to complete their medical history and sign consent forms.
What do I need as a patient for an online dermatology visit?
You will receive a link from us to our secure, HIPAA compliant virtual room. You can access the link from your mobile device, computer, or laptop (your personal device needs to have a camera and microphone). Minors (less than 18 years of age) should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during the visit.
What skin conditions can I schedule a Telemedicine appointment for?
Below is a list of some of the conditions that can be diagnosed by our Providers online. Should a biopsy or further testing be warranted, an in-person office visit will be recommended. Please note that Full Body Skin Checks cannot be conducted virtually.
- Perioral dermatitis
- Most rashes
- Poison Ivy
- Tinea Versicolor
- Allergic Reaction
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Non-urgent rash evaluation and treatment/prescriptions
- Hair loss treatment and prescriptions
- Medication refills
What if I need a procedure done?
If you need a procedure done, we will schedule an in-office visit to perform the procedure.
How long will I wait after requesting a visit?
On average, you will hear from one of our staff within 24 hours of your request.
Can I use online dermatology services if I am under 18?
Yes, but you will need a parent or legal guardian to provide consent, oversee the online or mobile visit, and handle payment details.